General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Thinking about trading the Rainier

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Nemo1991 is on a distinguished road

the term "buying a hooker" always sounded wierd to me. isnt it technically "renting"? lol off topic.. but nice z71. i wish i could afford one and also afford the gas

Old 10-26-2010, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Very nice Kyle. I'm green with envy. Now where can I find $32k for that blue one on Trade-Me.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:53 AM
racsan is on a distinguished road

very nice! my wifes's '97 S-blazer has almost convinced me to consider giving up my ranger pickup for a S-blazer of my own, although if i could afford to feed it on a daily-driver basis, id rather go full-size.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Over the first tankful, my mileage isn't any different from that of my Rainier. And I think I have been driving this a bit harder... So far, it isn't costing me any more than my Rainier was to drive.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

Going back a bit to when you said the Buick got blown around in the wind and you wanted the Tahoe for stability: not sure what it is but my Suburban gets blown around in the wind pretty good, Kansas has pretty strong winds being in tornado alley. I figured it was a suspension or alignment problem, took it to a shop to have alignment done and they said the suspension parts were fine, and I believe that because normally they'd try and get me to replace some parts, but they also said they can't align it if the suspension parts are bad so maybe they just said it was all good to get my money from the alignment, not sure you can't trust anyone nowdays. Anywho, it drives straight now but gets blown around still. I made sure the tires are at 45psi which is the recommended pressure, they were low and it helped a good deal but still not as stable as i'd like. I'm talking at highway speeds, we have 65-70 spped limits around here. Slower than that, like 55 or under it stays planted. I figure maybe it's the large surface area catches lots of winds, it's never that bad except at 65 or faster and on windy days, otherwise it's fine but with those two it can get kinda scary.

Anywho, just saying that just because it's big doesn't mean it'll always be more stable, not sure how windy it gets in NY. I just hope nothing is seriously wrong with the suspension, it only has 98k miles on it. The tires are also almost brand new. I'm kinda worried about snow driving but I won't be driving anywhere near 55 on the snow, even with my good tires and 4WD.

Edit: oh yeah, was the Rainier the I6 or the V8? My Suburban is a pig on gas but it's the Vortec 350. I have the same 3.73 gears as you, but the LS 5.3 is better on gas than a gen 1 motor, plus a Tahoe weighs less than a Suburban, I envy your mileage.

Last edited by 88Vic; 10-28-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:59 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this out Kyle,

Welcome to the fullsize family. :P

No the k5 doesn't count.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBrettster
Just found this out Kyle,

Welcome to the fullsize family. :P
Where ya been?

Originally Posted by TheBrettster
No the k5 doesn't count.
Just because your jealous doesn't mean it doesn't count!

Old 10-31-2010, 02:34 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Where ya been?

Just because your jealous doesn't mean it doesn't count!

Not jealous, im going up north to pick up a 72 c10. So