General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 07:53 AM
Beginning Member
chadimus06 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by reway
Got 3 aluminum skids on yesterday Feel much better wheeling already with the oil pan protected

Where did you get the aluminum skid plates from. Mine are plastic and would love to have aluminum ones

Old 08-15-2021, 03:04 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chadimus06
Where did you get the aluminum skid plates from. Mine are plastic and would love to have aluminum ones
not that guy obviously but i will buy the plastic ones off you as my truck only has its differential skid, assuming you have the front engine plate with the oil filter door?

Old 08-15-2021, 08:00 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

My 5 speed truck fuel pump went out so I changed it. Thought I was careful but the fuel supply developed such a leak that there is no fuel pressure at the rail.. Going to decide if I will fix the rotted line with a coupling and new line for a patch or deal with all the lines and be done with it.

While I am deciding on that one my son's truck has a strong smell of gas which after a fuel pressure check I determined it's a leaking fuel pressure regulator. Looked at putting in an AC Delco upgrade spider but they have gone up about $150 since March when I bought one. I have one from the salvage yard that I will install and see what happens.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:04 AM
reway is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chadimus06
Got them all off eBay.com. Be sure to be searching on the usa site because I couldn’t find any on the Canadian site.
95-05 Chevy S10 Aluminum Transfer Case Skid Plate/Shield p# 15983978
95-05 S10 Pickup / Blazer, GMC Sonoma / Jimmy Oil Pan Skid Plate p# 15978173
95-04 S10, Blazer, Sonoma, Jimmy, 96-01 Bravada Metal Skid Plate p# 15697740

Old 08-22-2021, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member
rsaunders80 is on a distinguished road

Recent updates: new LED offroad lights, replaced the fuel pump, and installed a Powertrax 1931-LR lunchbox locker in the rear differential. Fuel pump was pretty straight-forward, but the old filler lines were a pain to get them to release from the tank flanges. also, all the old mud I've been through wasn't helpful to the process either. I need some more time to test the Powertrax locker, but my preliminary test drive felt good. It grabs a little if you're at a stop sign making a turn and get too heavy on the gas, but that's to be expected. It's virtually silent, or it's at least silent inside the Blazer with the other noises the vehicle regularly makes. I look forward to getting it off-road very soon for some more in-depth testing.

Outside shot prior to test drive

Powertrax installed, just have to close her up and add oil.

New fuel pump prior to lifting the tank back into place.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:20 PM

found out the blower motor on my truck somehow seized itself near-dead after sitting for a few years. that'l be fun to replace...

Old 08-23-2021, 06:01 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mods
found out the blower motor on my truck somehow seized itself near-dead after sitting for a few years. that'l be fun to replace...
I had mine start to seize when I parked it for a few month back when... my mechanic was able to soak it in wd40 and get it freed, and been working Ave a year now without any problems. Could be worth a look

Old 08-23-2021, 11:57 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Well not too much done lately replaced the distributor and replaced the cap and rotor with Ac delco. Went out to a gravel pit yesterday looking for some mud only a little bit there.

Had a Jeep out with us he got stuck really good. Found out my relay pack for the winch crapped out on me so had to use the recovery rope to get him out

Old 08-23-2021, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
I had mine start to seize when I parked it for a few month back when... my mechanic was able to soak it in wd40 and get it freed, and been working Ave a year now without any problems. Could be worth a look
i aught to try that honestly, it did spin just a little bit and it worked when parked so the windings are probably fine. save myself 70$ if it works.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:43 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Adjusted the camshaft offset from -9 to +1.1. Tried to get it to 0, but this dizzy is so wore out with way to much play in it, so after 4 attempts landing anywhere between +2 and -1.9 , I settled for +1.1.

Then took on the upper trans cooler line that started leaking at the radiator fitting. I got a DorKman(Dorman) replacement fitting, part# 800-605. Not sure why I keep throwing money at DorKman stuff, because just like everything else with the DorKman name, this fitting actually made the leak worse. Tried that fitting with just the red thread sealer already on the threads. It didn't seal anything. Tried with Teflon Tape on the threads, NOPE. Fluid leaked right past that and also leaked out the front where the line connects. Finally took the original fitting, pulled out the o-ring and installed a new o-ring from my stash. Then with 2 wraps of teflon tape and the new o-ring, the original fitting sealed up great..

Next on the list, need to replace the power steering pressure hose, because a random drip is becoming a slight trickle. And we all know that a slight trickle can quickly become a steady stream, followed by..., well ya'll get where it's headed....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?