General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:29 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Borrowed a drill from work for the weekend so I can clean up my front bumper, spare tire carrier and (possibly) the small rust spot on the drivers quarter panel. I have some bedliner that will be going on the bumper and tire carrier, so hopefully that job goes smooth.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

In the laast two days I have changed the wheel bearings in the front end, painted my calipers and mounting bracket, replaced my old warped rotors with new EBC slotted rotors and new pads. I also put on a new distibutor drive gear and (knock on wood) my hesitation at 2000 rpm is gone!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Changed out the oil filter lines

Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Changed out the oil filter lines

haha from the looks of the emotion you didnt have fun

Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

made some quick disconnect sway bar links for the front and back and put another reverse light under my truck. the sway bar disconnect really allows this thing to flex now.

the light:

and some flex:

Old 08-26-2011, 08:07 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Cleaned the paint/rust off of the front bumper and hit it with some duplicolor truck bedliner stuff. Looks much better... except the part I messed up and sprayed it on too thick. That part looks like crap.

Also cleaned up the spare tire carrier and tossed a quick coat on that, mostly just to cover up bare metal spots.

Then I decided to sand and bedliner my little rust spot on the drivers side quarter panel... and my stripper disc went right through the metal. Looks like the rust is cancerous, so I'll have to get that replaced at some point. For now, it looks like *** since I just randomly sprayed bedliner over the hole. I'll clean it up and do a better job tomorrow when there's daylight.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

swapped both rear shocks this morning... been fighting them for 3 days now... BF Hammer and it came out .... bent ears, but they easily bent back with a few love taps... what a difference in ride....

Old 08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

new battery

Old 08-27-2011, 06:57 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Litterbug, I have never seen someone mount a light in the spare tire carrier haha. Looks good.

And for anybody here who can help me, I'm having trouble hooking up the off-road lights for my brushguard. I have everything up to the point of trying to find the hole in the firewall. Can't find it and it's driving me crazy. Any help? All I have left to do is connect the wire to the switch. But I have no idea where to feed the wire at?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Litterbug, I have never seen someone mount a light in the spare tire carrier haha. Looks good.

And for anybody here who can help me, I'm having trouble hooking up the off-road lights for my brushguard. I have everything up to the point of trying to find the hole in the firewall. Can't find it and it's driving me crazy. Any help? All I have left to do is connect the wire to the switch. But I have no idea where to feed the wire at?
Get a wire coat hanger & straighten it out. Fish it from the cab into the engine compartment under the dash. There should be a rubber grommet up by the brake pedal against/on the cab side of the firewall with wires going through it already, there is on mine anyway. You may have to move some carpeting to get to it.
Then route the wires & losely ziptie them out of harms way. Put the wires beside the coat hanger & with electrical tape, tape them on it really tight. Then slowly pull the coat hanger back into the cab with the wires attached to it - voila, place the switch where you want, makes sense & you can hide the wires behind it & hookem up!

Pull the excess wire somewhere & ziptie it up leaving a bit of slack all along the wires.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?