General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
MistaBlue1914 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by theonetruetom
not just 'no mix and match tires' but 'buy all 4 tires at the SAME time, otherwise the t-case will die'.

At any rate, I wouldn't tear out the 4wd, just put in a mechanical-shift transfer case and be able to put it in 2hi. or (gag) a push-button shift.
Thats what I meant, I always buy 4 tires, I have had a few sets of rims, and all of them have brand new tires on them, but its neither here nor there. But I will prob go back to 4wd in the future, I have seen the mechanical shifts on the web for decent prices, I have also seen the push button ones but they have gotten some bad reviews. All In all, I have had this truck for over 5 years and have put over 100000 miles on it... Its paid for and still has alot of life left in it. I will not get another car note, thats a big no no for me...

Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

locked my keys in it with it running

washed it when its -43, sure stays cleaner longer.....till it melts a bit.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:13 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

chieseld 1/4 thick ice off it. more freezing rain coming again tonight. wish i had a garage. i do throw a rubber mad across the windshield, at least that saves a little effort.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 PM
98BlazerT4X4 is on a distinguished road

Took off those crummy old factory recovery hooks and replaced them with $20 12" receiver tubes. Using the original holes and two in the side and 4 grade 8 bolts. Hopefully these wont bend lol

Original^

Before install^

Now^

Just Playing^

Plus new cool blue low beams and a little computer thing that tells average fuel, max speed, water temp, throttle position and lots of other usefull stuff

Last edited by 98BlazerT4X4; 02-01-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Gave it a good wash, and partially installed a set of subs.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 PM

O and hit the ditch with close to 900 pounds worth of shingles in the back while trying to avoid a drift. Wish my 4x4 wasn't so finikey. Ya the blazer is dirty but i swear i washed it like 4 days ago.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

^ Woah, another MB!......Man you mustve been stuck with the size of the drifts we have
Im a fan of those receiver tubes! to bad my bush gaurd is in the way.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 PM

^ Ya had some pretty nasty winds. Stuck enough that i didn't bother getting a truck just called my pops with the tractor. Actually broke my passenger hook trying to pull.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazinloud
locked my keys in it with it running

washed it when its -43, sure stays cleaner longer.....till it melts a bit.
that's why i have a door lock key to each one of my vehicles with my house keys, which are on a lanyard, and are always in my right front pocket when i'm out.

also makes it a little safer when you warm up your vehickles in the morning.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
that's why i have a door lock key to each one of my vehicles with my house keys, which are on a lanyard, and are always in my right front pocket when i'm out.

also makes it a little safer when you warm up your vehickles in the morning.
i agree and disagree with you. great idea, did it when i had my cavalier. only problem is someone can break your window and steal the truck with the key in the ignition. Remote start. about $100 bucks installed, never need to worry about stolen.. not trying to start a fight with you

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?