General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Wished I had my truck back already so I could have some fun in the road construction outside my house instead of having to baby my sisters car through it.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 PM
tri94bbc is on a distinguished road

Just ordered my muffler-back dual exhaust kit for the little red head. Oh yeah and the adapters to mate the two... Now it's time to patiently wait for the delivery man.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Cleaned my iac she purs like a kitten now

Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Today i decided to sand down,shave bodylines and primer my 91' black. Looks pretty cool. Murdered blazer

Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

I did a drivers side wheel hub yesterday. Absolutely has to be one of the worst things to do on a vehicle. It was easy getting the bolts on and off. But it took me about an hour with an 8lb sledge to knock the hub off. Im kicked in the ***. Now waiting for me clear euro led bumper turnsignals =)

Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Using air tools makes changing wheel bearings MUCH easier! My air hammer coaxes the axle out of the hub real quick and if that doesn't, my 5 ton puller will. Last one I changed was done in under 30 minutes. 20 minutes for a 2wd C1500.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 9Blazer6
I did a drivers side wheel hub yesterday. Absolutely has to be one of the worst things to do on a vehicle. It was easy getting the bolts on and off. But it took me about an hour with an 8lb sledge to knock the hub off. Im kicked in the ***. Now waiting for me clear euro led bumper turnsignals =)
Can you send me the link please? I would like some led bumper lights.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerBillyBob is on a distinguished road

I finished up the exhaust project that I started. Welded the new pipe to the old one and shortened the strap to hold the muffler in place. Now it's all nice and tight. Sounds great, too!

I think I'll be getting a sub box installed some time this week. Nice!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:42 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Using air tools makes changing wheel bearings MUCH easier! My air hammer coaxes the axle out of the hub real quick and if that doesn't, my 5 ton puller will. Last one I changed was done in under 30 minutes. 20 minutes for a 2wd C1500.
worst thing about it for me is the axleshaft nut. once it was off, the hub slid neatly off the shaft with no issue. i did put anti-sieze on the splines so if it ever had to come apart again, it would. took apart last fall to replace a axleshaft oil seal on the l.h. side of the differential. who knows, the r.h. side might be a different story.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerBillyBob is on a distinguished road

Totally stoked today! I bought the Hypertech programmer for my vehicle for $200! I'm going to go play with it now. Cheers

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?