Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1998 Blazer 4 door ZR2 project

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 05:26 PM
Starting Member
hurleyii is on a distinguished road
Default Well the Florida Blazer is alive.

Finally got the blazer that all my new parts were supposed to go on…. Uggh!!! Driving again so it’s out of the way! Pressure washed it off as best as possible and it makes me sick knowing the frame is junk! Not a spec of rust on it hardly just sickening!

Apparently there’s a theme of white vehicles

Old 04-11-2024, 05:31 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Really sucks about the frame, especially after all the work. But she looks nice and clean... Unless you know about the frame, I wasn't able to tell

Old 04-12-2024, 11:58 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
Really sucks about the frame, especially after all the work. But she looks nice and clean... Unless you know about the frame, I wasn't able to tell
im hoping when I get my jig made up that I will find the back half is good and I’ll just weld the ZR2 front clip on and call it the day. Junk yard has a couple ZR2 trucks as well so I’m going to check them and see if maybe they are in better shape than mine.

Old 04-17-2024, 06:32 AM
Starting Member
Default Is the gentleman that did a ZR2 front clip still on this forum?

Well I decided it’s to much work especially since my Indiana frame has been wired down almost 100 percent. I am picking a new front ZR2 front frame up this weekend though. It’s an hour away but it’s almost as clean as the Florida frame is. I gotta cut firewall off and remove passenger floor and the old body will be gone tonight. Saturday I go get a 100,000 mile complete front clip axles and all.

I'd love to talk to the guy that has done what I’m about to do though. Even finding the article again would be nice. Does anyone on here remember the guy or know if he’s around still?

Old 04-17-2024, 01:31 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I think you're looking for this thread? You might have trouble getting a hold of them. Looks like they haven't been active on the forum since 2014.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:15 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
I think you're looking for this thread? You might have trouble getting a hold of them. Looks like they haven't been active on the forum since 2014.
I found this thread but I couldn’t find the one that inspired my post. It was a black 4 door. Was hoping to find more info on what he did to make sure everything was square and straight. I did email this guy and so far no response.

thank you for your assistance.

it looks like this forum doesn’t have the following it used to. I suppose a lot have gone to fb which I despise.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:00 PM
Starting Member
Default Bf veteran thanks for the link it did make quick easy reference for me tonight!

Did a glance back this evening after getting my old Indiana body off the frame. Just to make sure the frame I’m picking up this weekend was going to work. Wasn’t sure since it’s a 2 door frame but that guy used a 2 door donor. I have a pickup clip but it’s to rusted . pics of progress! Only problem I have is my body mounts on several key locations is jacked and I planned on using those to build a jig. Now I have to come up with a new plan. I’ve also been searching laws and what not on it and studying GM guidelines on how to do frame repair to try and cover my back side . If anyone is looking for parts I live in NWI and may have a few to sell and could use the cash to pay for a few things. Back section of frame is 98 front will be 2001 and donar is 2001. So fuel tank may be available.not sure which way things will go but I have brand new tank and Delhi pump for a 98 4 door!

Old 04-20-2024, 02:41 PM
Starting Member
Default ZR2 frame search successfully accomplished!

Well picked up this jewel today with a set of front flares in like new condition! At least no cracks and steel. Didn’t pay attention to scratches they don’t matter!