Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

With the help from a different post I put up, I think I narrowed my brakes problem to the booster.

got bored today after a **** day and decided to give a coat of paint on the bumper. The wife wants a little more shine, gonna put a few coats when I do the rest of the pewter.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran

Aswell my engine light finally came back on. So I hooked up the code reader and now I'm getting a p0440 code again. Ran a test and checks all around except the cat. So I'll be doing that and the booster once I get home... we get a lot of blazers in the lower Ontario, so I'm gonna go look for a fresh one. Trying to save to get the wife a car. So the blazer will be getting hand-me-downs for now.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:51 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Idk how far south you are in Ontario, but I have a good cat in upstate ny

Old 06-25-2018, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran

I'm about 2 hours north of the Niagara border. Not sure how soon I can do a trip down that way.

just got back from a camping weekend. Really need to get the wife her vehicle so we can take the blazer off for a little. Release the pressure on her.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:40 PM
BF Veteran

Little update:

when I went to the scrap yard last, I also picked up a matching s10 offset rim. Finally Got it swapped out as my spare... didn't notice the difference until I got the tire on the carrier... to stock blazer rim had the rubber right again the carrier. Now there a good 2-3 inches gap between the two.

doesn't match my summers, but matches my winters at least... next step for that is a re and re to clean it up and a tire cover, and that portion will complete that process....

Old 07-05-2018, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I'm about to throw a spare tire carrier on my 4door, any advice?

Old 07-05-2018, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran

I used some scrap pieces of flexible steel, about 14 gauge, to kinda reinforce the body. I can hang on it(180lbs), and the tire when it's fully open, and there is no bend in the body. I also used a thin rubber between the body and carrier to help prevent rusting around the holes that are drilled. Add some caulking around it and it'll be a beauty. I cut the bracket on the hatch to stay level with the hatch handle, I regret not forming it around the handle. She shakes like a rattle. Other then that, a second set of hands to hold the carrier while you mark you holes. I used straps, but definitely easier with a second body. And go through all the way to the other end of th reinforcement. It'll help support. Above and below the tail light, you can use short bolts and not all the way through the reinforcement. A little tricky to get the bolts on, but doable and easier.

galvanized bolts if you can.

I think I got it all lol. If I think of anything else, I'll rite it in. I have a different post with pics of what I used.

I don't think you need the strips in my opinion, as long as you go all the way though.

I recent opened my back end, the strips slip joint because I didn't use any adhesive to hold them against the body. Sorry no pics.

I have taken them out, and I have tested the strength again, it's the same. But I'm gambling to see if it will effect the long run.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...e-94156/page2/

Old 07-08-2018, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran

I noticed I haven't added a few things, so I might aswell add them now.

over the last two weeks I swapped out the brake booster and installed a new catalytic. I was lucky to find one for 160$ can all in. Not too bad considering everywhere else was 250 and up. I also had to get a new o2 sensor for it. But since the brake booster and the cat swap, she's been running great. I think I might have to take a look at my injectors tho. I've notice she's not running top notch. Painted and ready for install
Almost torn apart foe the booater. Forgot to take more pics.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:14 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
I noticed I haven't added a few things, so I might aswell add them now.

over the last two weeks I swapped out the brake booster and installed a new catalytic. I was lucky to find one for 160$ can all in. Not too bad considering everywhere else was 250 and up. I also had to get a new o2 sensor for it. But since the brake booster and the cat swap, she's been running great. I think I might have to take a look at my injectors tho. I've notice she's not running top notch.
What was it that made you decide that the cat needed to be replaced? I'm pretty sure I've discovered that mine is starting to rattle on the inside. I checked visually and by touch that the outside of the cat has only surface rust.

Thanks

Old 07-08-2018, 10:48 AM
BF Veteran

Rattle, loss of heat shield bugged me, it was starting to clog up and I was losing power, mileage wasn't the best, plus age. I think that's what made me think about replacing. I got mine off a site called ultraexhaust.com.

it didn't have any holes or anything, just surface rust.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer