General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HcHawks09
well i have done alot, but not all of it was done today, ive just been..well...lazy lol but everything was done in the past week or so.

First of all, i installed LED tail lights! LOVE THEM!! PIA to install though! (no instructions and alot of guess work, they are hard wired into the tail light pig tails) But the look GREAT! the running lights are the bulbs and breaks/turns are the LEDs
Wow it's looking awesome. That color of ZR2 looks great!! I like those tails too. I never did see those ones as I was hunting for tails. Definitely would have considered them.

Good thing you got those headlights aligned. If that's how bad they were at 20ft I would have hated to see em' at 100.

Originally Posted by blown 4.3
do ppl really love blazers this much??? lol
Yeah, you'll notice most on here don't have blown engines.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Blew the brake line going to the rear brakes Saturday and replaced it. Right rear bleeder was clogged solid, had to use an air drill to clean it out. Now I just gotta find some money to replace the brakes.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 PM
clscwi is on a distinguished road

sank it on mud road couple weeks ago. half foot water inside, hydrolocked, pulled plugs out cranked it over, oil change put plugs back in started it took seats out took carpet out pressure-washed it dried it put it back together, flushed tranny, both diffs, transfer case, oil change again. misfired put new cap, rotor, plugs, wires o2 sensor. runs great just have to replace TPS.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I loved my old 92 sonoma and when it came time to sell it I was kind of sad. When i started looking at a blazer/Jimmy everyone told me "dont get one of those you will spend more money fixing it than you spent on the entire truck!!" But I gave my jimmy a chance and since I purchased it in october i have had no porblems, and if you have seen any of my off road vids you know that it gets put threw its paces.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Wow it's looking awesome. That color of ZR2 looks great!! I like those tails too. I never did see those ones as I was hunting for tails. Definitely would have considered them.

Good thing you got those headlights aligned. If that's how bad they were at 20ft I would have hated to see em' at 100.
Thanks!! yeah those tails JUST came out! but i wasnt happy with the customer service or the product at first(had a lot of problems with wiring), they were HORRIBLE!! they asked for my number so they could call me, We'll see if they ever do.

But yeah I'm in love with my Blazer for sure! And yeah headlights were CRAZY!!! lol

I'm never done with upgrading, and i have a few things up my sleeve, just waiting for summer.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see. last two weeks have been busy. new ball joints. I hate rivets BTW. New right hub. New manifold back exhaust. That was fun too. This weekend is front brakes, oil change, and an alignment. A quiet blazer that drives straight will be more than I can bare.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

finally got around to doing the alignment of my right HL tonight. on the way home from working on my friend's '03 Silverado, i thought, "what the hell!" as i exited the highway. stopped on a nice dark ramp (far onto the shoulder) and gave her a quick twist.

now my bright bulbs aren't shining into the back of the passenger's head in front of me. can't wait to get my HID kit from oktain.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default finished front doors window / handle / locks

I purchased the truck they didn't have the keys for the door locks. The driver side window motor was dead and the door handle on the passenger side was broken. So I already did the window motor. But got the door handle, and locks replaced. Now I can lock it up tight.

Josh

Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

"Bed-lined" my rockers today.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-04-16-10_1804.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice on the bed liner.

Tomorrow front brakes, oil and hopefully an alignment. Then door pins. I hate these sagging doors.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?